Saturday, November 28, 2015

Policing with a Kilt...

I have been back from Scotland for  almost two weeks.   It was fast, it was fun, and it was the most impactful training I've ever had as a police officer.

I have been giving it a lot of thought. And as a Deputy Chief, there are some small things I will be changing immediately to point us in the direction that Police Scotland take (and trust me, it is very impressive and thought provoking).  But I also write this a day after ANOTHER mass shooting (this one an hour's drive south in the city where I was born).

I am not going to detail what I learned (yet).  But I will share some of the great experiences I had...

Tulliallan Castle- Home of Police Scotland Training - where we stayed

                    


The 'suspect" above is armed with a knife - the officer with Pepper spray.

In Scotland, they do not use firearms when confronted by "Petrol bombs" (we call Molotov cocktails):



An amazing week.

Friday evening I took a trip to Edinburgh to shop.  Wow...go to Scotland!



1 comment: