Monday, September 14, 2015

If a doctor gives you a month to live - mortgage everything, grab your loved ones, and head to Culebra

I blush when I admit that I fancy myself an amateur travel writer. It stems from a love of travel and a love of books. So, please forgive that most of my posts seem positive and make you want to go there.  Isn't that the point of a travel blog?

And then there was Culebra.

I remember the gasp I let out when I turned the corner and saw Teotihuacan.  Or the beauty of Manawaiopuna Falls in Kuai. The Grand Cayon, the Buchardt Gardens in Victoria Canada, and the red fall leaves in New England...

And then there was Culebra.



Perfection






Once I arrived, I fully intended to walk about the Island. Its pretty small, and I like walking. But the lady in the airport kindly suggested I consider a golf cart.  GLAD I DID.  I could have walked, but the cart gave me the chance to REALLY see the whole Island. And it is a GEM!




Octopus Salad - YUM
End of the day~

I decided that I would never wash the magical sand of Culebra from my feet. So that I might carry this day forever (Ok, I actually already showered, but it sounds like a travel writer - huh?)

5 comments:

  1. So amazingly beautiful! I'll have to go just to confirm its as awesome as you claim.... you know, for science!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazingly beautiful! I'll have to go just to confirm its as awesome as you claim.... you know, for science!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Never wash the magical sand"... wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Never wash the magical sand"... wonderful.

    ReplyDelete