Sunday, August 28, 2022

Vancouver Island B.C. - Day SEVEN (R&R)

We seek to be alone.  It is the main part of the drive to push so far from civilization.  Past the end of the road.


But this spot is a magnet of sorts.  We have had a myriad of nice folks (Yes, its true.  Canadians are beyond nice) pass through.  A couple of folks stayed the night.  No one stayed more than a day.  I guess its a little comforting that if we got in trouble the wait would only be a few hours.  We also count ourselves blessed that 99% of our time here has been ALONE.

Today I woke up at about 8:30 (it is so easy to sleep here!).  Marci woke up about 9:30 (though she said she had been awake a LONG time - I thought oddly as she exhorted a faint, and polite, snore).  She wasn’t fully out from under the blankets until 10:00.

I started the generator (we use it about 20 min a day - during the morning for coffee and at night for the microwave).  Then I went to pick berries.  There are SO MANY.  I mean 100km worth along the main road.  I got red, yellow, and dark purple berries and added them to the delicious cream of wheat which complimented our morning Starbucks…







The day wiled away.  I spent almost all of it reading Cloud Cuckoo Land while Marci fished (unsuccessfully), worked crossword pushes, and played solitaire.  For the record, she read the book Verity in one day!

All in all it was pure bliss.  There were no worries from our jobs, our family, or daily turmoils.  

Of note: Marci has been enjoying deli meat and cheese, I ordered a huge bag of beef jerky on Amazon, and I have plenty of beer and scotch.  Ahhhhhh…..

No comments:

Post a Comment